View Single Post
Old 30.04.2019, 00:57

Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
chrisba has earned some respectchrisba has earned some respect
As a new Non-EU L permit holder, what document(s) and/or id(s) will I receive?

This question is partly brought about by my attempt to get a credit card from PostFinance, but I think the question makes more sense here rather than in the finance/banking subforum.

They asked for a variety of things; copy of my work contract, payslip, etc. One thing they asked for was a copy of my "residence permit." So I sent them a copy of my biometric ID, which says "L" on it, so to me it is proof of residence permit. But they mailed back again asking for "residence permit." I don't know what else they would want. It's been about 2 months for me here, and I don't know if I will receive anything else from the city. Like I said, I have the biometric L card, but besides that all I have is a paper "Meldebestätigung fur Ausländliche Person" which is a signed document they gave me as temporary proof of resident permit being granted, while I waited for things to come in the mail.

What does "residence permit" mean? Is it a paper thing I will get, or is it just the biometric card alone, and I need to figure out why PostFinance didn't like it?