View Single Post
Old 02.05.2019, 12:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My wife and I are leaving Switzerland after 8 years

Quote:
View Post
Hi Scotlander,
Your pension fund- and pillar3a-assets can be withdrawn after you have finished your job and after you have deregistrated.
Usually, the transfer takes max 30 days.
But some restrictions apply:
1) No restrictions for pillar 3a

2. Pension fund assets:

2a)When leaving outside the EU: no restrictions
2b) When leaving to the EU:

the mandatory part (LPP) can be taken out only:
-when turning 60 or
-when unsing it for private homeownership, eg. when you buy a house

or apt. or reduce an existing mortgage.

The funds will not be paid out to you, but to the mortgage giving bank.
2b) The "over-mandatory amount is
Pillar 2 can be taken if full when moving to an EU country if the person does not need to be insured in their new country. I got a full payout aged 52 when I went to live in Malta. It's a shame people & insurance companies always give out incorrect info, the rules are very clear. There is even a special dept. in Bern to deal with this
Quote:
View Post
Can anyone advise how long it usually takes for 2nd and 3rd pillar pension payments to be paid out after leaving CH? 3rd pillar is with Credit Suisse. Many thanks.
That depends on where you are moving to, for Pillar 2 you will often have to have been resident for over 6 months in your new country of residence. After the actual paperwork is completed in full about 1 week for the money to hit your account.
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: