View Single Post
Old 08.05.2019, 11:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,240 Times in 823 Posts
Thanked 19,413 Times in 7,506 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amazon Purchases

Quote:
View Post
And just because a business is successful, it doesn't mean it's good. Amazon's business practices come with a lot of side effects that may or may not be positive. I personally do not feel they are compatible with current Swiss culture and lifestyle.

I'm not saying it applies in your case as I know you have some specialized interests, but most people buy from Amazon because it's cheap and easy.
Welcome to the modern world. It's not a question of if our local high street shos will die, but when. Switzerland is managing to prolong this more than many countries by being a hard market to break into with high logistical costs, but it is only a matter of time before it catches up with the rest of the world.

Your comment about people only buying there because it is "cheap and easy" is laughable, because that is ideally what shopping should be... cheap and easy. Amazon also provides a very polished platform which makes it extremely convenient to find things and choose the right products. Not to mention it has a fantastic support and returns policy that puts the vast majority of Swiss online shops to shame.

There is clearly market and desire for cheaper products with great customer service, why do you think Swiss people shop over the border so frequently? Why do you think that stores like Lidl and Aldi are making such a huge dent on their markets? Why do you think Decathlon with it's amazing value sporting goods is proving so immediately popular? Swiss people don't want to pay more than they have to for things, and the often outdated Swiss retail market needs to adapt and roll with that changing modern environment.

Quote:
View Post
Bottom-shelf alcoholics often have similar purchasing patterns.
Wow, you really are scraping the barrel there and making yourself sound like an overly judgemental idiot to boot.
The following 5 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: