View Single Post
Old 09.05.2019, 13:35

Groaned at 46 Times in 25 Posts
Jamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeableJamboree is considered knowledgeable
Re: Amazon Purchases

Quote:
View Post
I have been happily using them for a few years now. Basically you pay like USD 60 a year for a US postal address to which you can ship your items to. It works like this:
  1. You order from any online store and have the product(s) shipped to the address you've been given by MyUS.
    Beware though, some sites like Nike.com blacklist parcel forwarders and / or international credit cards. In my experience, most sites work fine and otherwise I have always been able to work around this by e.g. ordering from Amazon rather than through Nike directly.
  2. You will receive an email from MyUS once your item arrives.
  3. You log in to the member section of their website to calculate the shipping price to your CH address (based on your shipping preferences), and order them to ship your items (or first wait for multiple items to arrive before having it all shipped to CH).

Thank you Sooo much for your response, but I do have one more question. I'm alway's "concerned" that when something is shipped in to CH then I'll be taxed/charged.

For an example (just an example): I use the service you mention - I order something (1 single item) let's say it's a camera lens for $400 on amazon. I get the service you mentioned to deliver it to me in CH --- will I owe any taxes/special shipping fees / import taxes...... This is just an example.

I'm very eager to test out this service. I have a number of products that I can't find in CH and some I can't find in EU. Thanks