View Single Post
Old 23.05.2019, 17:44
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rockyscud has no particular reputation at present
Re: To Switzerland again or not - that is the question!

Quote:
View Post
Your age, nationality (are you English or European), and whether or not you speak any German would play a big factor in my opinion. Also, I'm assuming you don't have any kids to worry about post divorce? I was just having a lovely lunch on the lake front at Bellevue with a colleague and, on a nice sunny day, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. But, we both work in banking/asset management and it seems that everyone here is under pressure with constant rounds of cost cutting and endless restructurings. I know it's the same in London but I always felt like I could easily find another job there whereas here I think it would take me close to a year or more to find something suitable. I would be reluctant to join one of the big 2 banks here in the current cost cutting climate.
Thanks Brian - interesting perspective. I'm 48 years young ;-) no kids and a Brit, no German (although that never held me back previously so not concerned about that now really).
As a fellow banking type I see your concerns over stability and you do raise a good point. Something I need to be mindful of. I have spoken to a few recruiters and they say the market has picked up and is definitely better than last year.