View Single Post
Old 29.05.2019, 15:36
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,900 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I think there is a difference between promising and failing to deliver, and using your position in public office to purposefully deceive the public about the current situation. It is a provable lie that the UK was paying the EU 350 million a week.

But I guess if you can find evidence that Clegg never had any intention to deliver (and how stupid would you have to be to leave behind documentary evidence of this) then have at it.

And if you truly think Borris is still going to be the PM... Well if the whole Brexit saga isn't embarrassing enough for the UK, having your PM appear in the dock will sure do the trick.
I don't see much difference. Osborne was fairly clear:

"Put simply‎: over many years, are you better off or worse off if we leave the EU? The answer is: Britain would be worse off, permanently so, and to the tune of 4,300 a year for every household."

Boris's Bus is a similar kind of mechanics: 350million was the theoretical figure before the rebate was taken off and of course a whole other host of things that were EU>UK in direction financially.

Both are as bad as each other, but both are put across as fact.

Independent has an article which is quite good about why this will help him (https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8934566.html). You have to remember in todays world its not the good guy that wins. Boris Johnson is the worst kind of person, but this kind of publicity will only help him.
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: