View Single Post
Old 29.05.2019, 16:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

This is the problem...
Quote:
There are several ways as we all know that you could make the point that by submitting your money to the Brexit parts for membership you are not aware of it's spending policy without labeling people as unintelligent.
The Brexit party's website and social media clearly states...

Quote:
Help make history and become a registered supporter of The Brexit Party today:
https://twitter.com/brexitparty_uk/s...62818473938945

...yet if you search the social media of people who have paid their £25, too many believe that they have paid for membership. This is an entirely random thread on the matter that I found via a google search ...

https://twitter.com/paulrey99/status...19776829575168

These people have not been misled. They've chosen to not read, or correctly interpret the what the payment entitles them to. There are also many people who have proudly announced their payment and voting intention despite being paid up members of other political parties, for which they should have been expelled according to the rules of their party membership. I find it all really sad.

If people resent being described as x, y or z, then don't live up to it in the first place.

Of course this doesn't apply to all Brexiteers and just as an example, a much loved friend, the guy who introduced me to my OH, has today posted a poll on social media asking if you believe that a no deal brexit is beneficial to the UK? He's voted 'yes'. He's a very bright, intelligent guy and most definitely not racist, but he's never been politically astute. The responses from genuinely concerned friends are quite upsetting to read.

Another friend who voted Leave, complained bitterly to me before the referendum that she was being bullied in work because of her views, which baffled me because I thought I knew her views. Over the last 3yrs, she's become more and more entrenched, and now freely says that she believes everyone must only live in the country they were born in from cradle to grave. To me, it feels like watching someone become radicalised.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: