View Single Post
Old 29.05.2019, 21:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 444 Times in 382 Posts
Thanked 18,498 Times in 9,804 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I completely agree Marton, I have no objection at all to that being pointed out.

My point is about the comment on the end about Brexit party members not being the brightest light on the tree (or however it was exactly phrased). It's an element of a wider point we have all seen through the last few years of continually deploying the message that people who wanted to leave the EU "didn't know what they were voting for", "didn't understand Brexit", "have a problem with foreigners" and so forth, which when thrown in enough times, eventually leads to the Mud Sticks principle where they are labelled as unintelligent, quite unfairly so.

The upshot of this is that its only going to make them more determined than ever to keep their course and be determined to leave the EU. It's a self-defeating method of attack because you are hardening their resolve to stay in their lane. There are several ways as we all know that you could make the point that by submitting your money to the Brexit party for membership you are not aware of it's spending policy without labeling people as unintelligent.
It is not for membership, you are signing up as a supporter.

"you are not aware of it's spending policy" basically you are paying for Farages beer habit for the next x years
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post: