View Single Post
Old 07.06.2019, 11:05
Steve Steve is offline
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Neerach
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Steve has no particular reputation at present
Re: ANOBAG - any experiences? Good , bad and the ugl

To be employed in Switzerland by a foreign domiciled employer you can use the ANOBAG scheme. This effectively stands for "Employee without a Swiss domiciled employer".

You need to:

- Register as ANOBAG with your local Social (AHV/AVS) office. They will ask you for employer details, and the (estimated) salary to be paid.

- (For EU/EEA employers) apply for a Professional (Pillar 2) pension scheme (BVG). This should be possible with all the major pension companies. (Zürich, AXA, Swisslife, Stiftung Auffangeinrichtung etc.)

- Apply for professional accident insurance (covers you for accidents in- and outside work worldwide - treatment and salary cover). This is normally mandatory. You can do this with SUVA, or any insurance company (AXA, Zürich, Vaudoise etc)

- I suggest you get your employer to cover you also for sickness insurance (KTG).

- And of course, register with your local tax office (sourcetax department). if you are required to pay tax at source (usually the case unless you or your partner has a c-permit), you will usually need to make a return to them based on your salary each month.

Each of these will send you an invoice stating which part of the premium is to be paid by the employer, and which by the employee. The employer part you can bill your employer for. The employee part you pay yourself.

Although insurance premiums are actually invoiced for the 1st January, all the bills can usually be paid in regular installments throughout the year base don estimated salary. At the end of the year you will report your actual salary and receive final statements based on this.

You should be able to do all of the above online these days. The pension, accident and sickness insurance companies will all be able to converse with you in English. The Social office, and tax office may find this more difficult but they are improving each year. In larger cities they tend to speak English.

I also advise you to negotiate your salary in CHF if possible, otherwise you may need to convert each monthly salary to CHF using the Swiss Federal accounting tax rate for that month for your reporting.

Hope this helps. We have dealt with ANOBAGs before with no big problem. If you have more questions you can always contact me (Swiss payroll company :-)).
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Steve for this useful post: