View Single Post
Old 05.09.2008, 16:08

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Swissaholic has made some interesting contributions
Re: Installation of Cablecom Digital (Lausanne)

Quote:
View Post
Hey Swissaholic,

Have you considered Bluewin TV from Swisscom? They have BBC 14 and ITV 14, plus a few other English channels and all the local ones, too. We have our TV, phone and internet in a bundle package, and it's actually not a bad deal. The TV costs I think 19 CHF a month for 120 channels. We also managed to save a few chuffs by cancelling our cable connection completely. We ordered everything online, our stuff arrived in the mail, and we did the installation ourselves. Easy peasy. (Or so says she whose husband actually did all the work.)

Anywho.

Heather
Unfortunately, out of fear or not having an internet connection (is there an Internetic Anonymous?) I signed up to Citycable for a year as the apartment i moved into already had a connection with them. I did check what they had to offer and noticed that they did have quite a few British Channels but as the website is all French I didn't realise that I needed a special decoder (Swissfun) to watch all the British Channels - the HD receiver in my TV isnt good enough. So I'll be off hunting for this Swissfun Decoder this weekend (not much on the net about it actually so I hope I don't end up with a lemon for the 200Chf. From what I gather Nokia makes it but Im not able to find out any specs from their website.. hmm).