View Single Post
Old 17.06.2019, 15:42
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
p42 has earned the respect of manyp42 has earned the respect of manyp42 has earned the respect of many
Re: investing in real estate vs buying property

Isn't real estate property?

I have been burnt by real estate schemes with guaranteed yield funded by top high street banks. Basically you have no control. Switzerland is a fantastic place to buy property. My advice it to buy the largest stand alone pile of poo, 1920s built or earlier, that the bank will lend on, within a 30 to 90 minute commute of work.

It might be a tiny derelict house somewhere for 300K. Or a huge pile. Just make sure it is not too expensive for what it is.

Move in, live, rent out the spare rooms to anyone with a permit. Refugees, Credit Swiss and UBS employees are your friends. Repair everything to project minimum standard. Compared to the UK, France and Germany where I have owned, the older Swiss stuff is awesome quality. Huge stone walls made of granite, hardwood timbers where normal people use softwood. Hand forged door hinges, hand made nails. Beats typical 70s Wickes stuff for longevity. Go to comparis, reverse search on price, enjoy. Urs Max is completely right on this. Believe me.