View Single Post
Old 17.06.2019, 17:57
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 401 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,570 Times in 7,568 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permit B to C in Geneva

Quote:
View Post

I have been requested to submit oral language level of B1 and a written language level of A1 qualifications in French in order to obtain a Permit C (settled status). However, I have been a management employee and for the majority of the time been traveling, therefore my French speaking and writing is not at B1 and A1 level respectively.

I would like to know if I am eligible for Permit C (settled status) as British national living in Switzerland without having to provide the requested qualifications?

The Canton of Geneva website states language test is not required for Europeans and a PWC blog i came across states that management employees are exempt. Links are below.

Never heard that management employees are exempt and never read that in the latest requirements. Maybe an exception for Geneva only?

If not, no C without the language certificates as GB is not exempt (not all EU countries are).
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post: