Thread: Commute Advice!
View Single Post
Old 20.06.2019, 10:28

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DukeWoodbridge has no particular reputation at present
Commute Advice!

Good Morning all.

I have now secured a job starting in August in Muttenz, BL.

I am 80% sure I will be living in Rheinfelden, and will obviously be looking to commute the 13km to Muttenz.

For starters - I'm going to preface that I have Crohns and public transport is something I have always struggled on. My partner and I could have a car but we really don't want to have that bother.

Option a) Train. Daily commute from Rheinfelden to Muttenz looks at about 5chf a day with a travelcard - if someone could verify that for me it would be much appreciated.

Bonus points - If anyone could confirm as to whether the trains on that line have toilet facilities on the train, and if the trains are busy with people going to Basel.

Option b) Cycling. Cycling is one of my favourite hobbies and 13 km does not trouble me at all. I might have to retrofit my bike with a mudguard and a big seatpost bag for my work clothes/towel/lunchbox.

This would save me (however menial) money, and 150km a working week would be great for my health.

I'v roughly googlemapped it and it seems ok - hard to gauge hills but I assume its all flat?

If anyone has any input that would be hugely appreciated.