View Single Post
Old 21.06.2019, 17:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 654 Times in 479 Posts
Thanked 15,523 Times in 6,093 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whatís with all the outsourcing?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I work in pharma. I just started in a new company where most work that is not completed by VP’s/Directors is outsourced to India. This includes project managers, market research, communications, publications and even administrative assistants.

I know things have steadily been moving in that direction for years, but now it looks like it will be nothing but senior directors/or higher left in corporations Switzerland before long. Novartis recently announced that some directors will be moved to East Europe. What are us plebs to do?
Aldi/Lidl are hiring and they pay pretty well for 'stock management technicians'!

On a serious note, cost pressures drive short and long-term outsourcing but the cost benefits are not always as simple as they seem in countries where turnover is very high. Plus, when a country becomes heavily outsourced to it then becomes more competitive and salaries rise, further reducing the cost benefits.

Bratislava (Slovakia) is a case in point where many companies are competing for the workers and even offering sign on bonuses of 10k EUR (like a third of a years salary or so)!
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: