View Single Post
Old 22.06.2019, 20:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Spinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputationSpinal has an excellent reputation
Re: Finding a job in Finance as a recent graduate

Quote:
View Post
I already applied for an internship at a Big 4 and was rejected. So applying there is a no-go.

Did you ask for feedback? What reason did you get?

Quote:
View Post
Having done graduate recruiting for a big four in the past I can say that they tend to have very exacting standards when it comes to education. It does not matter what you have on the resume, if you donít have the grades, that is it.

We used to make many conditional offers to graduates and I canít remember a single one that was no withdrawn when the graduate failed to deliver the grades.
I used to interview 5-8 people a week for a Big4 in London during graduate intake season. I now work for a Big4 in Zurich, and we are hiring. I'm part of the final round process for my team.

Things have changed a lot in recent years. Grade requirements (in fact, degree requirements) have changed. Two of the big4s don't look for "graduates" anymore, a degree is no longer a requirement.

I would be suprised if the OP was turned down on a pure grade requirement...