View Single Post
Old 22.06.2019, 23:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 174 Times in 121 Posts
Thanked 4,863 Times in 1,878 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Once again...The Guardian do not pay their sources.

It might have escaped your notice, but a lot of people's first instinct these days, is to hit the record button on their phones if they see or hear anything untoward. As for the two people involved, they made a choice to lose their tempers. They made a choice to raise their voices to such a level that their neighbours (it wasn't just one neighbour) were disturbed, precisely at the time when you would assume that they'd be on their best behaviour.

p.s. Early hours of Friday morning, which is a work day for most, I'd be pissed off at them and / or concerned for my neighbour.
I repeat: the story was sold to the guardian.

Iím quite aware people regularly record their phones when they see something unexpected. I donít think Iíve seen an instance though where a domestic incident where the police turned up, took a look and then publicly said Ďeverthing ok we are not taking any more actioní and THEN the story is slapped over the front page of a newspaper that hates the person in question.

But of course youíll tell me it was all a heroic action of a national hero trying to help a poor women who might have been being attacked.