View Single Post
Old 23.06.2019, 00:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I repeat: the story was sold to the guardian.
Prove it.

Quote:
Iím quite aware people regularly record their phones when they see something unexpected. I donít think Iíve seen an instance though where a domestic incident where the police turned up, took a look and then publicly said Ďeverthing ok we are not taking any more actioní and THEN the story is slapped over the front page of a newspaper that hates the person in question.
Hardly surprising seeing as that was not the course of events.

I suggest you read the report in The Guardian then the one in the DM then come back and tell me which newspaper has really gone to town on him.

Regardless of what anyone may think or believe, if a domestic arguement in the early hours of the morning reaches the point where neighbours fear for the safety of the participants, they are 100% correct in checking to see if their neighbours are safe. If there is no response, they are 100% correct in calling the police. End of!

When one of those people is hoping to imminently be elected the next leader of the country, I believe people have a right to know. His private life has spilled over enough to affect members of the public. If he'd quietly gone about his evening, etc, none of this would have happened. I fail to see how anyone can blame neighbours for something that he chose to do. It's simply not logical.

As several respected political commentaters and members have said today, that last 24hrs press is one of the worst they've seen for the Conservative Party as a whole, and all of it self-inflicted. They all need to take responsibility for their actions because they expect the rest of us to be responsible for ours.
The following 3 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: