View Single Post
Old 23.06.2019, 01:02

Groaned at 26 Times in 7 Posts
SwissSurfer has no particular reputation at present
You won’t find a job here unless you know someone. Don’t waste your time and go somewhere else. Ireland would be a good choice as you suggested. The people there are much nicer anyway to work with. As for SwissRe and Credit Suisse, and UBS, are you sure these are good companies to work for? I have 20 years experience and can only get fixed term positions up to a year or so. The times have changed and in a few years time most foreign banks at least won’t exist in Zürich anymore. The job market here is more or less dead if you are looking at Finance positions. Unless you know someone as mentioned beforehand. There are 500-1000 applications for some jobs which is crazy.

Quote:
View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Switzerland.

Indeed, I've been studying here Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich over the past two years.

Now I'm about to graduate and struggling to find any entry level position.

Here a bit info about myself:

I'm from Italy
24 years old
Fluent in English and German and Spanish ( and native Italian)

My biggest problem is that I have zero work experience, and sadly not by choice. I tried to find some internships or working student positions while studying in the master, but I was rejected all the time.

I keep reading from different sources that as long as you are Swiss or EU citizen and speak German, a Job is Zurich is guaranteed to you. But that's definitely not the case for me.

My dream companies in ZH are Credit Suisse, UBS and Swiss Re. I never applied there, because I dont have any chances there as I have been rejected by less prestigious firms (I even got rejected by a startup!).

Any advice on the job search for someone in my situation? Do you think it's easier to find a job outside of CH ( e.g. in UK or Ireland)?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Foreign workers usually get lower salaries so they are more attractive..
Quote:
View Post
I keep reading that people from outside CH and EU have problems finding a job. So I assumed that for EU people it would be easy to get a job in CH.
Plus if you speak German it's even easier.

Yet, I studied iat the UZH, speak professionally fluent German ( Most of the applications I made were in German) and I didnt find even an internhip.

On the other hand, I have a friend from my hometown in Italy, who got a job at UBS ( and was at second interview round with Deloitte) in Zurich, didnt study in CH and didnt even speak German! So if he got the job without German, I expect that for someone who speaks German, it would be even easier.

@Jim2007. Where did you do the recruiting? In Switzerland or in Ireland?

Last edited by 3Wishes; 23.06.2019 at 13:35. Reason: merged posts; fixed quotes. Please take care not to remove HTML tags when quoting