View Single Post
Old 25.06.2019, 23:19
modified, reprogrammed and doctored

Groaned at 199 Times in 156 Posts
Thanked 15,554 Times in 7,912 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What’s with all the outsourcing?

Quote:
View Post
Well I mean as long as there's a consultant

Seriously though, been working in big corporate for 10+ years now and every time they throw another outsourcing idea at me, I just yawn and tell them good luck. And then I wait. And more often than not, I've seen phased outsourcing or offshoring plans be abandoned about halfway through as whatever they already moved was already an utter disaster, so they moved it back and stopped the rest, fired the person in charge, hired another one and voilà, cycle starts all over again. It's ridiculous.

That said, there's no denying it can create uncertainty and anxiety in people and no, companies don't help themselves by constantly creating instability and even fear this way. Of course only to then complain that people are no longer loyal. Well sweeties, loyalty is a two-way street, but that's a message that doesn't seem to sink in.
Yep. But it does sink in when the boat sinks. Or maybe a few years after, since the wrong managerial steps done long ago aren't always so obvious, when there aren't even consultants around to point them out.

Quote:
Vegan! Vegetarian is like so 1995.
Mais non, vegan is so 2000. Or maybe here it isn't.

The new trend is city urban foraging. Although that's been also going on for a few years already too.

Zuri, I also never befriended steaks but I don't like the chewing part, tbh.