View Single Post
Old 26.06.2019, 09:46
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Cckl is considered unworthyCckl is considered unworthyCckl is considered unworthy
Re: Salary Negotiation

I know a lot of ABB guys. If you are coming from a lower cost of living/ lower salary country they tend to offer lower salaries. Once here there is basically no salary review. 13 month pay is your salary basically divided into 13 not on top of your annual salary. They usually pay a bonus on top and that is very negotiable

So consider if the salary will work for you in the long term. Cost of living here is phenomenal- I have lived in some of the world’s most expensive cities and stil I am flabbergasted. You need to consider if you are on your own, where you plan to live (Baden?Zurich?). In Zurich I have friends living on 120kCHF comfortably but they are in cheaper apartments and are single.
We have a fairly high joint income (above 120k) and what with the cost of childcare, healthcare and rent we never have anything left at the end of the month. So evaluate carefully. But for anyone moving to an expensive country I always suggest negotiating as hard as you can. Good luck!
PS ABB has loads of salary info on glassdoor
This user would like to thank Cckl for this useful post: