View Single Post
Old 26.06.2019, 20:37
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
swisscolin has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swiss credit cards - air miles, reward points?

TCS MasterCard Gold is provided by Cembra Moneybank. I switched from Postfinance for this card earlier this year.

Postfinance wishes to put my middle name on the card, and refused to remove for the reissue when the cards expired. That, and the fact I have to pay 60 Chf for a post account I donít need, as you need one for the credit card... So I walked...

Cembra is ok, but unlike Postfinance they charge for CHF transactions abroad so AliExpress in CHF is charged extra fees. You get the cashback each month, compared to June and December for Postfinance.

Postfinance you could only pay your statement invoice via Postfinance account so you couldnít make payments in advance to cover expected expenses for example like you can with Cembra and Swisscard.

Iím miffed with Cembra as I wanted a high credit limit, they told me I could call once I got my gold card to increase. I did and filled out a form and said no, and I canít raise in first 6 months. So they effectively lied to me to get the business.

They offered only 10,000, I had 15,000 with Postfinance and wanted that matched as minimum and previously 20,000 limit with Swisscard. So now until I change next year I have to put money in to increase when on a trip.

Cembra also charge a monthly fee for text messages if you want to be warned of money going out for fraud prevention. Postfinance did this for free.

Foreign transactions seem to be cheaper with Cembra and cash back is higher than Postfinance. I just donít get a 10,000 limit with gold card as you get that with any normal card.

Just hope I can find a decent replacement early next year.

Itís frustrating, Iíve had a UK gold card for free for last 20 years and we spend so much on fees and extra charges here. Iím not interested in miles as you can never redeem. So cashback is better.

Anyway just my thoughts after looking at all Swiss credit cards but still not happy with any of them :-(