View Single Post
Old 27.06.2019, 16:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 15,396 Times in 4,039 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mwst and admin fee on parcels.

Quote:
View Post
I wasn't given anything to read, the delivery guy was busy on his phone and said nothing to me. Do they not have a duty to say they are going to charge?

I am really struggling to understand how they can charge me for receiving a gift. I agree with the poster above - it is shitty.
At the end of the day you are importing goods and are responsible for paying MwsT (and in some cases import duty) as well as any admin fees. It's the same with most countries. Last year I sent my brother in Madrid some cheese by Post. The value was about 50 chufs plus post (another 50!) and he had to pay about 40 Euros to collect it from the Spanish post office.

The threshold in CH is goods (including delivery cost) below 5.00 MwsT are exempt from MwsT and any handling charges.
This user would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: