View Single Post
Old 27.06.2019, 18:15

Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Danieldreier has earned the respect of manyDanieldreier has earned the respect of manyDanieldreier has earned the respect of many
Re: ANOBAG - any experiences? Good , bad and the ugl

I was registered as ANobAG for the 2.5 years that I worked for a Singapore company. On the whole, it was pretty straightforward.

For me, the main disadvantages over working for a Swiss employer were:
1. You pay the full Swiss social security premiums. Your foreign employer doesn't have to pay half.
2. No occupational pension fund. It's possible to use a plan from the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution and pay your full contributions yourself, but I simply cashed out.
3. No rights to paid sick leave, paid military/maternity leave or paid vacations. It's all up to your employment contract, and arbitration can be difficult when you and your employer are in different jurisdictions.
4. No employer-based accident insurance. You have to activate the accident cover on your health insurance and that cover doesn't include loss of income insurance like accident insurance from employers does.

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious by recommending that anyone considering working for a foreign employer take the full cost of covering loss of income from accidents and fully funding your retirement plan and social security into account.

Obviously it comes down to the salary and benefits offered by the foreign employer.