View Single Post
Old 02.07.2019, 17:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 476 Times in 398 Posts
Thanked 13,698 Times in 5,455 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing a car from US to CH

Quote:
View Post
If the car has been homologated for certain US states, there is little problem, and it's all to do with emissions I believe. If you give the VIN/Chassis numbers to Audi they will tell you if it can be imported into CH/EU without problem.

The three things you do have to change are:
Headlamps
Fuel filler
Speedometer
and sometimes rear lights.

I can't speak about used Audi's, as I don't know the value, we did it with new Range Rovers and Aston's, where the savings are considerable, so they need to be high end to make it worthwhile. Do your figures carefully to see if it's worthwhile, otherwise as others have suggested, sell in the US and buy here.
I looked at US import Focus RS and ST's last year, they where definitely lower spec then the Euro versions, much cheaper materials inside for a start, but where also around 20 - 25% cheaper then the euro versions too, of course they didn't have the same warranty, just 1 year after market warranty and no servicing. Savings where not enough to make it worthwhile.
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post: