View Single Post
Old 03.07.2019, 15:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 78 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 15,539 Times in 6,903 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to claim back VAT from online purchases.

Quote:
View Post
My situation:
I ordered from an Italian website (auto-doc.it).
They do have a website for different countries, and they apply different shipping and VAT depending on which one you order.
They are actually based in Germany. So they send the order from Germany to Italy in this case.
Then I will personally go and get the package in Italy to finally import it into Switzerland.
Be aware of the following: According my understanding of the EU VAT regulations, the German VAT law, the actual procedure by German custom and German sellers, parts which are used to equip or supply a means of transport are not VAT refundable when exported by a private individuals themselves unless they have been mounted by the mechanic to the vehicle (plus some conditions are met).
https://www.mypaketshop.com/ratgeber...d-reparaturen/

At this very point st2lemans will rise his hand and object and duly note that in Italy the situation is seemingly somehow exactly the other way round: If mounted no VAT refund, but if if transported as single pieces VAT refund is possible.

As the company is in Germany expected that they might be reluctant to reimburse VAT. Nevertheless, VAT refund after self export is purely optional and there is no right to it.