View Single Post
Old 04.07.2019, 09:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,898 Times in 8,843 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question regarding Fundsmith

Quote:
View Post
FMF, how can you retire at 52, you've never worked !!
haha no need to work for long if you understood compound interest at school.

100 a month invested for 40 years with 12% growth gives you 1.2 Million. Once you realise you need high rates of compound growth then work out how to achieve it.

For me the OUTCOME is more important than PROCESS, the entire financial advise business, being highly regulated puts process & their fees before outcome.

I invested $4000 in BIDU in March 06 & a similar sum in NTFLX (May 07). Both of those investments paid for my Home in Malta, including building an extra floor last year. Interestingly they have been my 2 most volatile holdings ever dropping over 50% of value more than 3 times each over my holding period. Whilst my overall returns were far higher than F.S. During the following 10 years I never found another 30 / 40 / 50 bagger stock. My volatility was huge not ideal in retirement so switched to F.S. for the lower volatility with extroudanary growth potential.
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: