View Single Post
Old 04.07.2019, 21:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,882 Times in 8,836 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: banking in CH and US

Quote:
View Post
Hello - My husband and I are relocating to the Zurich area in September. We will have x2 children in the states at university. We are looking for an international bank that will provide the smoothest/least cost prohibitive financial services. We will need to exchange our chf for US dollars, transfer $ between our accounts and our children's accounts, pay tuition in US, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
I had Postfinance accounts in USD, GBP, EURO & CHF the English internet was easy to use & foreign transfers went without glitch, except the time I sent $16,000 as 'postcash' I phoned the Post & they thought it was a perfectly normal daily transaction in CH. Apparently the US post arrived with 8 cheques made out for $2000 rather than actual cash as they would have done in CH

For small fx transactions it was cheaper direct than using currency fair as there are always some charges to pay, for large FX deals currency fair is definitely good, Money sent from CH arrives in New York the same day.