View Single Post
Old 05.07.2019, 07:15
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
memihai has no particular reputation at present
Re: Young trailing spouse- career options?

imho I currently see the following careers "booming":
-nurse in institutions for elderly people
-nurse in hospitals
-IT (requires school+experience)

as the other forum colleague pointed out, this is a rewarding career if it also suits your personal goals. 3 years or how long the nurse school takes is nothing in comparison with 3 years wasted in applying for other jobs and receiving the standard rejection lines.

employers are literally fighting over nurses and the shortage does not appear to alleviate anytime soon.

Quote:
View Post
The problem is that it would take a long time to start the program, complete it and then qualify as a UN interpreter. I do want to start working ASAP so a career change is my best option at the moment.

Thanks for your reply.
I have also seen that in Switzerland, local universities are better seen/appreciated that universities overseas- regardless of their world ranking.

I am not expecting to enter a new career in a mid-level position but I am willing to start with internships/ entry level jobs, of course.

I honestly don't want to go through all the hassle of applying to a master's degree in interpreting, spending 2 years studying and then having to qualify for the job when the economic return doesn't make sense; the reason why my first choice is a career change.

I guess my best bet is to target international companies and perhaps British or American ones which are very open when it comes to non-common backgrounds.

Oh, I had no idea there was such a service available in Switzerland. I will look into it. Thank you!

Ugh.... those are not good news regarding digital marketing.
In your experience, what would be a career with good prospects in CH?
This user would like to thank memihai for this useful post: