View Single Post
Old 05.07.2019, 18:31

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Residency Requirements for a minor

Quote:
View Post
Swiss medical insurance is obligatory for everyone who resides in Switzerland, unless - and under special circumstances - they can demonstrate that they have an equivalent.
Indeed. And my insurance, provided with my USG retirement, is better (90% of everything after first $300 a year, and 100% for catastrophic). But the canton doesn't agree over EMS cover so I had to buy a CHF 2,500 policy from Assura that I will never, ever use. (FEHBA policies don't cover abortion either, but the canton was willing to ignore that at my age and gender). Went through this with Vaud, and more recently with Valais. I even translated the whole policy summary for them.

Assura weren't very polite but what do I care. They only want the money, I know that. It's a tax.

I could avoid the insurance requirement by making my domicile California and Switzerland my holiday place, but the net taxes, I think would be higher. Especially their 13.3% CGT.