View Single Post
Old 07.07.2019, 17:29
Super Moderator

Groaned at 434 Times in 325 Posts
Thanked 21,235 Times in 11,166 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK pension and UK taxes

Quote:
View Post
Need some help. I am a Swiss national who worked 5 years in the UK during my working years. I returned to Switzerland years ago and am now retired. The UK pension I get is paid into my bank account here in Switzerland. I am taxed here in Switzerland for my Swiss & UK pension. Today I received a letter from the UK tax office saying I have to pay taxes to the UK on my UK pension. Please can someone advise me if this is correct that I have to pay taxes in Switzerland and the UK as I am Swiss and live in Switzerland. Many thanks for the help.
Normally it would be taxable in the UK along with a 12000 tax free allowance so it's often beneficial. If you fill in a double taxation form which the Swiss will need to sign you can elect for some or all tp be taxable in CH