View Single Post
Old 09.07.2019, 13:40
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
italo has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving flat in Lausanne with Domicim and Swisscaution... Get prepared!

Quote:
View Post
Your insurance policy isn't tied to the rental contract as such. Cancel on time and you should be fine.

Yes, but in order to cancel it I also need the signature from my landlord (Domicim in this case). Because basically they have to certify that I left everything in good shape and that they do not require any witholding from my deposit (which is currently just a "virtual" one, covered by the Swisscaution insurance).

If I understand correctly, it should work like this: I have a form in my possession that I should send to Swisscaution to terminate the insurance. The form needs two signatures: mine, and Domicim's. In theory, I could ask Domicim (e.g. one of their agents) to sign it as soon as the move-out inspection reveals that everything is in order (or, if only some minor damage cost pops out and I don't want to be bothered, there is also a field in the form where you can specify the amount and then I have to reimburse it to Swisscaution directly). However, I am not sure I can force them to comply immediately (ideally I would like them to sign it before I sign the move-out inspection report, and before I hand them over the keys). Especially because the form is in Italian (but it shouldn't be difficult to ask for a French one to Swisscaution, which I will probably do anyway).

TL;DR: I should make sure to know my rights beforehand, and possibly get some French-speaking trusted person from Asloca with me during the move-out inspection, because these people are terrible a**holes.