Thread: Ryzen 3000
View Single Post
Old 09.07.2019, 14:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,466 Times in 7,748 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryzen 3000

Quote:
View Post
I won't buy one but I am really happy that AMD are back to provide some competition to Intel in the desktop CPU arena. It can only be good for the consumer and prices will go down as a result. Same as is happening with Nvidia/AMD in the video card GPU department.

By the way the Ryzen 3000 mobile (notebook/laptop) CPU series looks pretty weak especially vs the upcoming Ice Lake.
yes, nvidia and intel have been milking the consumer due to lack of competition. hopefully amd can bank a couple years of profit to continue the competition before intel hits back.

mobile offering is still a bit weak and based on last generation process and architecture. hopefully the next gen mobile will be released soon and more competitive.

amd still seem to be quite behind nvidia in gpu, but if they can scale navi successfully, maybe they'll at least stop losing market share. ultimately, i see amd beating nvidia by doing an end-run around them on 2 fronts:

- killing discrete GPU market with cloud gaming (e.g. google stadia)
- killing discrete GPU market by improving integrated graphics