View Single Post
Old 09.07.2019, 17:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 263 Times in 226 Posts
Thanked 9,304 Times in 4,898 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving flat in Lausanne with Domicim and Swisscaution... Get prepared!

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but in order to cancel it I also need the signature from my landlord (Domicim in this case). Because basically they have to certify that I left everything in good shape and that they do not require any witholding from my deposit (which is currently just a "virtual" one, covered by the Swisscaution insurance).
Haha, those bastards. They really say you owe the premium even though no new damage can be caused once you've moved out already. I wonder if that's lawful and enforceable.

Perhaps you can replace the insurance by an ordinary deposit before you give notice? Otherwise you're at the regie's mercy and will need to claim back the premium for 2020 (or even 2021) that hasn't been used up, if any.

Yet another reason to not use them.

Your form is a duplicate, you need the original (and signed) that's in the regie's possession.