View Single Post
Old 09.07.2019, 17:54
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 152 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,734 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Happy - are you?

Quote:
View Post
True, linguistic too. But also a different mentality in regards with what can be shared and what not - in some cultures you don't say "I'm happy" even if you are, it's probably easier to talk about a lot of related-to-happiness things (job, kids, marriage) than happiness itself - a moment when if asked directly people tend to get all philosophical and super-careful out of fear of seeming arrogant or insensitive or whatever. Once our physics teacher told my class something along the line of "Happiness? What's happiness? You're happy in the real sense of the word a few times for a few moments in your life time. You can be content, merry, whatever but happiness is not and cannot be a continuous, perpetual state". I didn't (fully) agree with her at that time, but it kind of stuck in my mind.
So maybe you should ask this question in a different way, doropfiz. To some of us it does look more like an "American thing" and I'm not saying that disrespectfully, trust me.
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or E's to normal people, make you happy. All this guff about "what is happiness" as is if its some ethereal being miss the point that its just brain activity, so if you can get a chemical that ignites that brain activity you've got a happiness drug.

It might not cure depression (though there is some trials on it curing various conditions as such), but for a few hours of out and out happiness, look no further than MDMA.