View Single Post
Old 11.07.2019, 15:24

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
greengrass10 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Stop a running European toilet [ * tip ]

Quote:
View Post
Attachment 137239

The red arrow points to the actual floater. As your tank fills with water, this rises up and cuts off the inflow of water (possibly where the green arrow is, precise arangement varies from model to model).

Does the thing the red arrow points to rise up when the tank fills with water?

If that is not working correctly, you need to figure out why its not rising. maybe it's just debris or chalk deposit that you can easily remove. You can check whether it moves freely by moving it up and down by hand, even without water. If the reason it doesn't work is that its old and broken, you need to replace it.

The whole assembly, that is, the thing the red arrow points to and the thing the green arrow points to, and everything attached to it, this whole thing you can buy as one piece in Bauhaus and fit it yourself. As the water inflow is through this thing, you need to cut off the water supply before attempting to remove it.
Thanks, that's a big help! I checked the thing the red arrow points to, and it does seem to move up and down, though the surface it slides on is very grainy, possibly from calcium. Is there anything I can do remove the calcium? Also, someone mentioned some kind of flap which needs to seal and close properly. Where is this flap in the photo? In case it's a problem of the flap (not sure if calcium debris could affect this flap), what would I need to do to help restore a tight seal?