View Single Post
Old 12.07.2019, 17:15
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
timpeterson has no particular reputation at present
Contracting Gmbh vs Payrolling, Swiss IT contracting.

I read several posts on here regrding this topic but no clear conclusion what the rules are.

I want to suggest my client (fortune500 company in finance) to hire me through my one man gmbh instead of current solution through a payrolling agency.

I only receive 50% if my cost to the company. The rest goes to payrolling company & tax/pensions.. crazy in my eyes.

Why does the large Swiss companies not pay directly to independent company owners instead of burning cash on payrolling companies? Especially on contractors they have approved and don’t want to fire quickly. I understand initial hire where they want to be able to fire you quick, then payrolling makes sense.

Since contributing to AHV over long period has far higher return on investment than bvg and other taxes. I would save up a lot in gmbh pay out 85.000/year til 65y to get a good AHV. Since I earn 170.000-300.000/year I could retire at ~45y and still do full AHV contribution.

I prefer managing my pention myself, I’m good at living frugally. I get some people forget to save up for pension so government force you to save but I currently earn well and plan my future in detail.

So, should it not be possible for me to request my line manager pay me to my own gmbh instead of payrolling company? This way we both can same a lot of money.