View Single Post
Old 16.07.2019, 14:58
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,488 Times in 949 Posts
EastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How about a gardening thread?

Quote:
View Post
Ants are eating my grass - the little fekers.

We moved last week into new place, nice, renovated, great .. We agreed/accepted that the garden was not in great shape, primarily the grass .. The gardener scarified everything, laid new seed, installed an automatic watering system and we agreed to care for it..
I'm noticing ants though, millions of them on the "grass" .. They are collecting the grass seed and taking it to their little holes. I've watered the holes and forked them but more just appear..

Anything I can do, short of properly digging them out? or pouring in molten lead? I'm not expecting a perfect lawn overnight but i'd like to see a little progress and not just grass seed going down ant holes.

Here's a pic
Looking at the pic I'd say ants are the smallest problem here.

It would be best to start to repair the lawn in fall, when the ants are gone. I'd advise to cut whatever greenery (grass/weeds ) is left very low, then thatch (vertikutieren) the lawn thoroughly (you can rent a machine for that), add soil and rake it in as good as you can, then add TARDIT (lawn feed) and seed. Keep moist but not wet and you should see it becoming a proper lawn quite shortly.
The following 3 users would like to thank EastEnders for this useful post: