View Single Post
Old 17.07.2019, 09:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 80 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 15,665 Times in 6,942 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Real Estate Contract

Default contract clauses and mandatory provisions are defined in the Code of Obligations. For leases read starting from Art. 253 https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...ndex.html#a253
and also Title One and Two of the General Provisions starting at Art. 1 https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...009/index.html

In short: You signed, you are bound.

Quote:
View Post
Can any of you advise on how to cope with the issue of cancelling the contract?
Read and understand the Code of Obligations as many things relating residential rental contracts are set by the law, are mandatory, and do not have to be mentioned explicitly in the contract. Act accordingly.

Quote:
View Post
The real estate agent told me I would need to find a new tenant to be released from the contract (unfortunately I still do not have a copy of the contract to verify that)
That's very most likely correct. At least it is the standard procedure and a non-overrideable default clause as defined in the Code of Obligations if you want to be release before first possible cancellation date. And as said it does not have to be explicitly mentioned in the rental contract. In the worst that is what you have to deal with to get out of the contract. In the best there is a more amicable clause in the contract which is very, very, very unlikely.