View Single Post
Old 23.07.2019, 12:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need help with route around Rütli/Brunnen

Thanks Tom 1234 as in the end, Auto AG Schwyz is what I used all the time.

I did not think much of Schwyz, to be honest. Every bloody restaurant was shut for their annual holiday (same time as when tourists are flocking in!), there is not a single pedestrianized area in the old town, cars everywhere and I seem to have picked the week when every old building was being restored, so it was pneumatic drills, sanding machines and hammers from 7.00 every morning!
It was worth going up to Stoos with this new funicular (steepest in the world) and I did do some good hikes (and yodel!) from up there, but I could not manage Grosse Mythen with my cracked rib, shame.

On the other hand, I had a fabulous time in Brunnen, lovely beach and Hotel Bellevue has a fish in a saffron and Prosecco foam sauce to die for!

Without even checking beforehand, I found myself at the top of Klewenalp (above Beckenried) where there was a...Jodelfest and found myself in the company of my friend and coach the formidable Dame Barbara Klossner, the Diva of Swiss Yodel herself! That in itself was worth the trip!

Thanks again to everyone who took time to give me tips and recommendations on their region.
The following 2 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post: