View Single Post
Old 24.07.2019, 12:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 279 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 21,084 Times in 7,674 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: vaccination dispute

Quote:
View Post
I actually called and had a chat with the anti-vax Swiss pediatrician primary doctor of my daughter. I called because I get specially uneasy while traveling to some place where there have been reports of recent outbreaks of at least one of those diseases.

I was going for holidays with my daughter to Genoa Italy where there have been Measles outbreaks recently due to lack of vaccination https://www.thelocal.it/20181115/man...sles-outbreaks. We were going to visit the Genoa Aquarium which has not only locals but also people from all over the world visiting.

The answer from the Swiss pediatrician was "which exact Measles strain vaccination are you thinking about? because there are multiple Measles strains and doesn't make sense vaccinating against all of them. The only thing that you should worry about is not having a car accident rather than being exposed to Measles. If you convince the mother then I will be happy to vaccinate your daughter".

Needless to say, I broke out in a sweat every time a kid coughed at the Aquarium.
I am fully with you and still cannot believe that we are discussing this in 2019. Ok, some US bible belters might be silly… but a medical professional in Europe is something on a totally different level. Measels vaccination is mandatory in Germany, parents get fined if they dont do it.

Simple question: I am sure that 99% of doctors are on your side. Could you not take her to another one and get it done without informing the first one?
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: