View Single Post
Old 25.07.2019, 00:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Idgie has a reputation beyond reputeIdgie has a reputation beyond reputeIdgie has a reputation beyond reputeIdgie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fête des Vignerons 2019

I went on the weekend, and absolutely loved it. I think the best way to describe it is a bit like the opening of the Olympics, but with everything Swiss, including yodeling, amazing choirs, cows, marching bands, alp horns, goats, and, and, and. Well, and wine.

But the best about it was the energy in the city. There are 5‘500 participants, all of them in colourful costumes, and they walk through the city, before the show. And then, it all comes together in the show, and the energy is amazing.

Every day, one canton is the guest, and there is a parade in the afternoon (dunno when it is when the show is in the morning), staffed by the respective canton. The parade is for free, and so are the many shows on the small stages.

If you are into this kind of thing, I would definitely recommend it. There are still tickets, especially for the morning shows. I would sit in the corners, as this provides a view of all four side stages.
The following 4 users would like to thank Idgie for this useful post: