View Single Post
Old 25.07.2019, 10:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 526 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,445 Times in 10,754 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Yup, the last smattering of hope for the Dems has been well and truly stomped out. History won’t be kind to the Mueller investigation.
What were you expecting? It was not Mueller's fault that the DOJ ruled out indicting a sitting President.

I had never understood why Mueller had said Trump was not exonerated.
He explained that because of the rule against indicting a sitting President they just collected the evidence of obstruction but did not do the next step of determining if it was sufficient to indict Trump or not.
It was clear from his answer to Lieu what he really thought.

Something new was his statement that the written answers from Trump were not truthful, he called the president's past comments about WikiLeaks beyond “problematic” and directly refuted Trump's assertion that the investigation amounted to a “total exoneration”.

Interesting he confirmed that Trump could be indicted after he leaves the Presidency.

Frightening that he said the Russians are still actively interfering in the US election but who cares in the Trump administration?

He did confirm the accuracy of instances of potential criminality by Trump detailed in his report and that Trump instructed his staff to falsify information given to Mueller.

Meanwhile the N. Koreans test launched two missiles.