View Single Post
Old 26.07.2019, 12:47
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 88 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 19,228 Times in 8,519 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce in Switzerland or home country?

Quote:
View Post
A Question about EU Citizen divorcing with Swiss spouse.
I am EU Citizen and I've been here In Swiss for 5 years also I've been in marriage 5 years.Now I can apply for C Permit or continue my B permit.But also I need info can I get no C permit when the divorce process starts, and how is here in Swiss calculate the time, did they look after official divorce is given or they calculate from the period when the process is started on court.Also for example can they make me problem from the start for my B permit. Thanks
I believe as an EU citizen you can apply for an independent C permit now, as long as you fulfill the requirements. The separation shouldn't matter assuming you have the language skills (or are exempted from them) and you have a job/can support yourself financially.

You won't be able to apply for facilitated naturalization, because doing that requires signing documents you're still married, living together, and no intent to divorce.
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: