View Single Post
Old 26.07.2019, 13:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 85 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 8,061 Times in 3,749 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Discovered wife cheating what to do?

Quote:
View Post
And then lock her out the house with no phone, purse etc.. But guess that would only get me in trouble.
Totally, completely illegal. Under no circumstances should you lock her out.

You have a couple of days thinking time. Use them wisely.
Right now, you're feelings are hurt and you're straying down the revenge route. Stop now! There are children involved and they shouldn't see or be aware of any of this if it can possibly be avoided. Can you pack them off to their grandparents for a few days?

1. If it makes you feel better and proactive, rather than locking her out, walk around your home taking photos of everything and logging them. Say it's for insurance purposes.

2. You say your wife is having a few days with a female friend before meeting the other person? This sounds like she's making a decision, and for all you know right now, she may be deciding to end the affair and work at your marriage. Had you even thought of that or considered it? What if she's made a terrible mistake? The day before you were aware of all this, were you still in love with your wife? If you were, fight for her and fight for your marriage. The biggest regrets I hear from divorced friends are "I wish I'd got out sooner" or "I wish I'd fought harder for my marriage".

Quote:
View Post
What I need is to get this over with and move on, but not easy
Why?
If you decide divorce is the only solution, this is your life from now on.

Calm down. Don't do anything rash. If the children are with you, get them to a safe place. Be prepared to say your piece calmly and listen to your wife calmly. You owe each other that much. You owe it to your children. Book counselling...I'm serious. Use everything you can to take the heat out of this situation.
The following 17 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: