View Single Post
Old 26.07.2019, 14:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 21,781 Times in 6,981 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buyer paying agent's fees - tax implications?

Caveat: The following is a rant based on broad generalizations.

I know there must be decent agents out there... and I hope one day to meet one.

---

In the model where the buyer pays the buyer is at a heightened disadvantage. The buyer is not the agent's client (even though the concept of fiduciary duty seems to be weak here) but rather the person who pays is the person the agent is directly working against.

Call me crazy, but when I am paying a fee in the range of 50-100K, I expect something for my money. If only a measure of control. And I certainly do not want to pay that kind o' cabbage to someone who is actively working against my interests.

---

But such is the property market here. There are so few decent properties and so much competition for them that people will pay large amounts of money for nothing, out of desperation.

---

I'm not going to link this firm, for obvious reasons.

---

Anyway, no matter how wonderful the property might be I will not pursue it if an agent works to the 'buyer pays the agent's fee' model.

Thus endeth my rant o' the week day hour.

Last edited by meloncollie; 28.07.2019 at 12:01.