View Single Post
Old 26.07.2019, 16:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 85 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 8,058 Times in 3,747 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Discovered wife cheating what to do?

Please ignore the above from Rjellsch. It's a long way from being helpful in your current predicament.

You've got a lot of talking, crying, soul searching and listening to do in the coming days. Coming at it from a place of resentment and anger will not serve you well now or in the future.

My parents split up over my father's infidelity. His mother was more angry than my mother was and interfered too much. My parents got back together after 3 days and went on to be stronger and happier together than before, so I know a marriage can be repaired, not always, but it can. I'm in my 50s and my parents are long past now, but I can still clearly remember the arguments between them and overly dramatic scenes from my grandmother. Spare your children that much.

Two days after the affair was revealed, 4 of my dad's closest friends took my mum for a night out to where they knew he would be. They told him straight that he'd made a mistake.

In hindsight, what strikes me still is how calm my father was at the time. He was actually relieved to be found out because it meant he could end the affair without the fear of the other woman telling my mum. Granted, it should never have happened, but he fought for his marriage and fought to keep his family together. I will always respect him for that.
The following 6 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: