View Single Post
Old 27.07.2019, 15:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 131 Times in 115 Posts
Thanked 11,526 Times in 5,023 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Discovered wife cheating what to do?

Quote:
View Post
Shared IPad? Going straight to the EF with this? Where are your real life friends, OP - hang onto them.
Real life friends and family can be a minefield of loyalties at a time like this.

I was very close to my ex-husband's family, but never spoke to any of them about the separation and divorce until it was all over. I believed that he would need them in the days to come, and it wasn't my place to go bad mouthing him to them. They had to believe his version of events or it could have destroyed their family unit. In hindsight, I'm glad I did it that way. They came out of it hating the other woman and having a lot of understanding for me.

As for 'straight to EF'...the beginning of my divorce was played out online by the other woman on a local forum, and that was in 2002. It took a concerted effort by friends to have her account banned and all her posts removed. As long as the OPs posts aren't too malicious, the anonymity can be a way of bouncing around ideas, thoughts and feelings, and 'getting all your ducks in a row'. I believe the OP has conducted himself very well so far and hope this continues. On the other side of wherever the OPs marriage goes, he will need to have a great big dollop of self-respect intact for his own sake.
The following 3 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: