View Single Post
Old 28.07.2019, 17:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 156 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,227 Times in 2,860 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving temporarily w/o MFK

Quote:
View Post
Hello everyone,

Recently I moved with my car from EU to Switzerland. Thus, I tried to pass MFK but I failed on the first attempt. Then I scheduled a second appointment on August 5th in order to find a solution. Last week I requested a repair budget in Germany and unfortunately the cost of repairing my car is over 2000 EUR. The car is more than 15 years old and the residual value is less than the cost of repairing it.

I am currently considering to cancel the second MFK (above mentioned) and try to drive the car temporarily until I get a new one soon. However I don't know if it is allowed to drive the car temporarily without completing the MFK process. My intention is to keep the car during a few weeks until I get a new one and I will return my old car to EU.

I would appreciate a lot any feedback on this topic.

Thanks a lot!

MiguelAH
You have a car that FAILED the test, so no you cannot continue to drive a car that is unroadworthy! And furthermore your insurance is invalid as well. So if stopped by the police you can expect your fund for a new car th be substantial reduce.
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: