View Single Post
Old 29.07.2019, 14:35

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
greengrass10 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Question for the ladies - fibroids

Quote:
View Post
After numerous PMs over the past few years, I thought I should update the thread again in case it helps someone.

The fibroid was too far into the wall of the uterus to be completely removed, so the doctor cut away what she could. ..

It continued to grow. By the time I could face going to the gynae again, it had grown so large it distorted the womb and was no longer safe to operate or to even think of pregnancy... Turns out I have deeply infiltrative endometriosis, sometimes also called deep invasive endometriosis. Previous doctors had failed to diagnose it ... My only options are hysterectomy with a bowel resection or hormone-suppressing medications until menopause. For now we've chosen medication.

Hope it helps someone.
3Wishes, many thanks for sharing your story and sorry to hear about what happened after the surgery. Maybe a solution can still be found. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your fibroid now? You mentioned your only options are hysterectomy with bowel resection or medication. Why would you need a bowel resection? Is there some kind of adhesion of the fibroid to your bowels? Also, what was the source of your pain after the surgery? Was it related to the fibroids? Or was it the endomitriosis?
This user would like to thank greengrass10 for this useful post: