View Single Post
Old 30.07.2019, 23:42
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
hopebright has no particular reputation at present
Re: Recommendations for an immigration lawyer in geneva?

Quote:
View Post
Before you go down the expensive road of hiring an attorney, you could share a bit of your situation here. Then we can share experiences on whether this is a futile attempt or if you might be in with a chance. It looks like you came here as an intern and want to stay?

I'm afraid people often have the idea that hiring an attorney = getting exactly what they want. They also somehow think that inexpensive attorneys exist. It rarely works out that way. The attorney gets paid, you get some advice which may or may not be what you want to hear, and you pay the bill whether you like the advice or not.

Whatever you do, please be careful not to overstay your visa without permission, as that could seriously damage your chances of staying in Switzerland or even visiting again.
Thank you for sharing, yes I came here as an intern and I started learning French and I postponed my masters till 2020 just to take French. The OCPM says I can’t get a permit because I am over 30 years of age, this is the only point of refusing my permit. I just want to make them see that my age doesn’t mean I can’t study French. I am not EU either. All advices on here are taken, I just have no idea on what to do because I am only depressed from it since I postponed my masters till 2020, and my grandmother has given so much for me to study French till she some money can be raised for me go and do my masters since I postponed to pay for French courses here

Last edited by 3Wishes; 31.07.2019 at 09:15. Reason: fixed quote